Broadway and Failsworth Lifesaving Club
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification requires a minimum of 40 hours for a new candidate, although exemptions may apply to holders of the following awards:
A Beach Lifeguard Award - 12 hours
STA - NARS - 9 hours
A First Aid at work qualification - 9 hours
Regardless of current qualification a candidate may not be awarded more than 12 hours off the stipulated minimum of 40 hours.
- You must be 15 years old or above to train to be a Pool Lifeguard.
- We do not run intensive Lifeguard Programmes.
- We offer the maximum of 2 hours training per week on club nights Monday and Wednesday. Please see Training page for Venue and times.
- You must be able to attend the Wednesday evening Theory session between 7-8pm (there is a pool session afterwards).
- As we run a rolling programme anyone can join the programme at any time but you must complete all aspects of this and the required number of hours to a satisfactory level before being entered into the Assessment.
- You must become a member of the Club
- The purchase of a RLSS Pool Lifeguard manual is necessary this includes.
- The manual
- A form for completion after assessment and
- The cost of the assessment itself
The Pool Lifeguard training sessions will be carried out by an RLSS Pool Trainer Assessor.
An external Assessor will conduct and assess the final Assessment.
Candidates renewing the National Pool Qualification must adhere to 20 hours of ongoing training covering the complete range of skills over a two year period.
Where training records are not produced the assessment will not take place.
Please contact the club through the contact page for current prices or if you have any questions that are not covered by the above.