Broadway and Failsworth Lifesaving Club
The Club – we will:
- Care for the children's well being while they attend club sessions
- Give the best training & water safety education we can.
- Encourage all children to work towards their true potential.
- Provide all relevant & appropriate information
- Inform parents of any problems or concerns about their child.
- Inform parents immediately of any untoward behaviour, which affects the smooth running of any club session, and take appropriate action if necessary.
- Inform parents of their child's progress.
- Adhere to Child Protection procedures
Family - we will:
- Provide relevant emergency contact details/photo permission
- Take responsibility for dropping off/picking up, within the pool building, our child to/from the club or other organised sessions
- Ensure that our child arrives on time at the pool/open water properly equipped and ready for activities.
- Support the Club’s Constitution, Annual Membership Form and Contract, guidelines for discipline and behaviour and Risk Assessment
- Inform the Club of any problems or concerns about your child.
- Endeavour to attend club nights and open water events and support our child’s participation in club life.
The Member – I will:
- Arrive on time and pay for all sessions before entry
- Wear correct club uniform/kit and always wear the quartered hat and Yellow T-shirt in the sea/inland water.
- Do my best in all club activities
- Treat the Club Coaches and fellow club members with respect.
- Behave as best as I can and understand the club rules for bad behaviour.
- Think of my club members and not just myself.
- Wear yellow club t-shirt for all water session and adhere to the jewellery restrictions
- Have fun and enjoy myself
- Notify the Training Officer of any possible Child Protection issues (eg Bullying)
In the instance of serious misbehaviour we have a club policy of 2 “time out’s”, (removed from activities) at the beach/club/swim session. If a child exceeds this then we may enforce a 2-week ban from club activities following discussion with both child and parents. The Club feel this is the best way to deal with misbehaviour during a session. We have a responsibility to all our Members whilst at the club and we feel it is not fair to waste valuable time and attention on children who misbehave to the detriment of other members. We ask that all parents/carers/members support this policy. We will inform parents immediately of any action taken.